Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Winter's Work - Flies

It was a long winter...which made it a good one for tying flies.  I thought I'd share some photos of my winter's efforts, for myself, friends and customers.  Hopefully, one picture truly is worth a thousand words.

                                 Don't forget to click on the pic for the big picture



































I was really pleased to see the Celtic Beauty make it on the Miramichi Salmon Association's 2014 Calendar!



I was also very pleased to be able to put this box together as a way of saying thanks to a dear friend to whom we here at Southshire Drive owe a huge debt of gratitude:


In the midst of tying for others, I did manage to get my own batch of spey-style flies ready for the summer ahead:

Even got most of the wet fly box ready, too!


So that's it!  Here's hoping we all have a satisfying, enjoyabel...and safe...fly fishing season this year!  I bet we all deserve that.  Bon Chance!

16 comments:

  1. Very nice Gary (as always). Let's hope we can get on the river sooon to put some of these to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some nice looking work, Gary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding! Heads keep getting smaller and smaller. A few look like Fulsher's style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try really hard to emulate Keith and Charlie Krom's heads...those guys are amazing!

      Delete
  4. Gary,
    What a nice job (as usual). I especially like the Green Charms and will tie a few. I recognize a lot of those flies from the order that you tied for Bob Richard.
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doug! Some of the flies were from Bob's order, and I'm with you on the Green Charm...looking forward to giving it a swim this summer.

      Delete
  5. Always so nice looking Gary - visiting your blog is where I go for eye candy. Thanks, Ed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ed, I'm glad you enjoy it! Always brings a smile to my face to know that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great! Nice photos too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy...can't compete with your photographic skills, though!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful flies, man...good bye winter, get me on the river!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for that!! and thanks for the kind word!

      Delete
  9. In near past years I haven't heard you complain much about your life (well except for the back), I think with good reason. Catch an Iceberg for me! You are a da***d good fly tier.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There sure were icebergs, Rich! And coming from you and your tying background and skill, I take your comment as very high praise indeed!

      Delete